It’s time to start gathering your 2016 tax forms and financial records to send to your tax preparer for the 2017 filing season.
There’s still time to compile your documents and determine if an extension is right for you. Take note of these important deadlines for 2017:
– March 15: Partnership and S corporation returns are due. If you need to file an extension, that is due March 15 and extends your deadline to Sept. 15.
– April 18: Personal, trust and C corporation returns are due. If you need to file an extension, that is due at this time and will extend your deadlines to the following:
– Sept. 15: C corporation tax deadline with extension
– Oct. 2: Trust tax deadline with the extension
– Oct. 16: Personal income tax deadline with the extension
Important Note for CWA Tax Clients:
Your tax organizer(s) for your 2016 personal tax return(s) is now available on the CWA Client Portal under the Tax folder.
If CWA prepares your business tax return(s) but you do not utilize CWA accounting services, you will find the tax organizer(s) tool for your business return(s) as well. We encourage you to utilize the tax organizer(s) as a guide for information you will need to provide us in order to prepare your 2016 tax return(s). If you have any problems accessing your organizer(s) on the portal, please email email@example.com.
If you are ready to send us information to begin preparing your tax return(s), please email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your information with attention to the CWA Tax Department.
Take the Next Step
Remember, proper tax planning can positively affect your journey to reaching your financial goals.
If you would like to learn more about our tax services, contact our new client services team by simply going to cainwatters.com/contact, or calling 972.233.3323. For current clients interested in utilizing our tax services, contact your CWA Financial Planner today.