What a special week it was in Southern California for the CWA community. Clients, planners and some of our favorite vendors gathered for three days of rich education, coastal cuisine, networking, friendly competition, sunsets and celebration.
Keynote speaker Simon T. Bailey connected with us early by sharing S.P.A.R.K, his five principals for platinum service and creating customers for life. He inspired us to use connections, culture and taking action to strengthen relationships not just within our business, but our personal lives.
Learning didn’t only take place in the classroom this weekend—the meeting experienced a revamp revealing shortened meeting time and increased time outdoors and spent in community together. With so many highlights, we couldn’t pick just one.
Top 5 Annual Meeting Memories:
1. Firepits. When the sun went down it was a bit chilly out there, folks. Luckily, heat lamps, firepits and good company kept us warm.
2. Excursions. Painting by the sea, kayaking, hiking, golf, mixology and one iron chef challenge. Terranea Resort had a lot of offer, and attendees got a chance to experience the fun.
3. Our fabulous speakers. Time spent indoors was filled with a content-rich speaker line up each morning. From finding inspiration for personal and practice growth to how best to facilitate portfolio growth—continued education credit was not just earned this weekend, it was enjoyed.
4. Saturday’s pool party and lawn games. Who doesn’t enjoy a little friendly competition while overlooking the coastline? Teams competed in lawn games to win points in a bracket system competition. It was a close call—but Team Yellow took home the coveted trophy.
5. Final dinner and photo booth. Lavish buffets, good music and a busy dance floor, guests concluded the weekend by cutting loose. The return of the MirMir photo booth captured the memories as souvenirs to take home.
It was a weekend to remember, and thanks to the generosity of the attendees, the 3to1 Foundation Win-Win Auction and Raffle raised over $25,000 for scholarships and programs. Auction winners are taking trips to fabulous places like Ireland, Tuscany, Sonoma and Zion National Park. Raffle winners won prizes such as registration for the CWA 2020 Annual Meeting, an Elite Dental Alliance membership, and a Caribbean vacation. Thank you, CWA community!
This was a year to remember, and already has us excited about 2020. We hope you will join us in Charleston, South Carolina, February 27-29. To learn more visit cainwatters.com/annual-meeting.