Would you describe yourself as:
If this specifically describes you, continue reading the job description, and click the button below to apply. Candidates must complete all phases on the link to be considered.APPLY NOW
Reporting to the Tax Director and team Tax Manager, the Tax Coordinator is responsible for handling a broad range of administrative responsibilities within the tax department.
- Direct responsibility for the inflow, outflow, and retention of information to and from our clients and other departments within our firm
- Collate and assemble tax returns to be sent to the client
- File Electronically tax returns and provide regular status updates
- Documenting and ensuring proper tax record, and making use of current technologies.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Check the file management software periodically throughout the day for items added to his/her inbox for processing, scanning, etc.
- Update/maintain internal database with taxpayer details and staffing modifications.
- Order necessary supplies for the tax department on a monthly basis
- Internal Communicate and coordination with the other departments in the firm
- Have the ability to multi-task and effectively perform project execution within assigned deadlines.
- Able to use sound judgement and problem solving skills.
- Exhibit superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Exhibit exceptional customer service skills and responsiveness to client requests.
- Consistently demonstrate professional demeanor and presentation.
- Demonstrate ability to be flexible and adapt to an ever-changing work environment
- Able to appropriately handle confidential and highly sensitive material.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of essential functions or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Essential functions and responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience
High School diploma required (Associate’s degree preferred)
Minimum of 2 years in Tax Processing/Record experience preferred
No Travel is expected for this position
This job operates in a clerical, open-environment, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing may be required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed based on management’s approval. Overtime (evenings and weekends) during spring and fall tax busy seasons.
Over the last 30 years we have built an outstanding reputation serving our clients. We offer a wide range of professional services including fee-only financial and estate planning, retirement and wealth transfer services and tax and accounting services. We offer comprehensive business and technical training, professional examination training support as well as an excellent environment for career development and advancement.
We have an exceptional group of professionals providing the highest level of financial planning, tax services, and bookkeeping services to our clients. We are truly unique, and if you are interested in building a great future for your clients and for yourself, we are the Firm for you.