Would you describe yourself as:
If this specifically describes you, continue reading the job description, then click "apply now" to apply. Candidates must complete all phases on the link to be considered.Apply Now
Indirectly reporting to Tax Advisors, the Tax Analyst is responsible for serving as an integral member in the tax department and ensuring the department creates and delivers accurate and timely tax returns and other tax products for the organization.
- Prepare various types of basic to moderately complex tax returns (1040, 1041, 1120, 1120S and 1065)
- Provide tax related services for clients (Personal Property Tax, Extensions, Estimated Payment Vouchers, Tax Notices, etc.)
- Research as needed to respond to client questions and prepare tax returns accurately
- Compare tax returns to tax projections prepared by in-house financial planners
Responsibilities & Duties
- Participate in planning of workflow to ensure completion of assigned returns
- Prepare partnership, corporate, individual and personal property tax returns
- Client contact as needed to facilitate completion of tax issues
- Internal contact as needed between various departments to facilitate completion of tax issues
- Documentation of records and workpapers to firm’s electronic file cabinet to ensure accurate, organized recordkeeping
- Assist fellow department members in order for the department to complete annual tax season goal
- Daily use of multiple software programs for organization of workpapers, tax returns and workflow management
- Analyze unaudited financial statements to determine adjustments necessary for accurate tax treatment
- Prepare a minimum of 5 returns weekly in order to timely deliver tax returns to clients
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of essential functions or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Essential functions and responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, tax or related field
- A CPA or CPA candidate OR EA or EA candidate
- 1-3 years’ experience in public accounting or its equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of tax laws
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Big four or large public accounting firm experience
- ProSystem fx Tax, Engagement & BNA Income Tax Planner
No travel is expected for this position
This job operates in a clerical, open-environment, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing may be required. This would require the ability to lift files, open file cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time, exempt position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. although additional hours may be required in order to complete work timely and accurately. Flexibility in hours is allowed based on management’s approval.
Over the last 30 years we have built an outstanding reputation serving our clients. We offer a wide range of professional services including fee-only financial and estate planning, retirement and wealth transfer services and tax and accounting services. We offer comprehensive business and technical training, professional examination training support as well as an excellent environment for career development and advancement.
We have an exceptional group of professionals providing the highest level of financial planning, tax services, and bookkeeping services to our clients. We are truly unique, and if you are interested in building a great future for your clients and for yourself, we are the Firm for you.