Would you describe yourself as:
Our Staff Accountants are the backbone to our exclusive client base. If this sounds like you, please upload your resume and apply now.Apply Now
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Staff Accountant is responsible for heavy compilation including bank reconciliation, general ledger and preparation of a balance sheet and income statement for a growing CPA firm specializing in financial planning to national clientele.
- Prepare accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports, to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to standards defined within the department.
- Establish records of accounts and input entries into proper accounts.
- Document and ensure proper keeping of financial records, making use of current technologies.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform monthly and quarterly compilations including reconciliations of bank and credit card accounts; verify general ledger for accuracy
- Prepare after the fact payroll summaries and record journal entries
- Record journal entries to reconcile balance sheet accounts to supporting documents
- Preparation of year end Forms 1096 & 1099
- Client contact as needed to facilitate completion of financial statements
- Responsible for multiple clients; organization of supporting documents; ensure timely financial reports for clients and planning teams.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in accounting field, public accounting a plus
- Xero Software experience a plus
- QuickBooks experience
- Proficient in both Microsoft Word and Excel
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of essential functions or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Essential functions and responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
No travel is expected for this position
This job operates in a professional, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing may be required.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed based on management’s approval.
Since 1984, CWA has provided our clients with financial education and comprehensive financial services. A trusted name in the industry, we work with more than 1,700 dentists and dental practice owners in 49 states. Our work began and continues to be hyper-focused on helping our clients reap the financial rewards of their work. Our founding philosophy is the belief that education is a gift, one that we've proudly shared with our clients for more than 30 years.
We have an exceptional group of professionals providing the highest level of financial planning, tax services, and bookkeeping services to our clients. We are truly unique, and if you are interested in building a great future for yourself in a fantastic work environment, we are the firm for you.